Since 2001, Comfort Life – Canada’s Guide To Retirement Communities, has been helping seniors find retirement homes that meet their needs. This year marks a shift in the vision of Comfort Life with the changes in the landscape of media and marketing. Here’s a glimpse at what’s to come. We hope you’ll join us.
Below are our presentation slides from the November 2010 Meeting of the Minds for Retirement homes.
What does the name mean?
Comfort - A sense of calm and security that seniors want as they age.
Life - The engagement and activity that is needed to live a fulfilling retirement.
How will you promote Comfort and Life and how will this help promote the choice to move into a retirement residence?
By making the move to a retirement community, seniors are giving up some level of independence, so we need to balance the value proposition. They need to understand what benefits they get, and this is the community and the rich and fulfilling life retirement homes can provide. But to live a rich life, we need to be engaged in the 8 pillars of life.
The magazine, website, blog and newsletters will all focus on featuring residents from retirement communities that excel or demonstrate how they represent one of these 8 pillars of life. Each story, will be repurposed to reach a wide audience through the following:
- Annual Comfort Life print magazine | 200,000 copies
- Comfortlife.ca | 83,000 monthly views
- Comfort Life Retirement Newsletter | 11,000 subscribers
- The Pulse of Life blog | Daily news and article posts
- Amazing Senior Resident Videos
- Events Calendar
- Social Media Marketing
- Participation in industry and seniors events
How can you get involved and spread your marketing message?
Comfort Life news blog: www.comfortlife.ca/blog
What: Daily Blog on seniors’ issues including lifestyle, technology and health and wellness that captures a new audience and introduces them to retirement home living. The Blog is an opportunity to share experiences, voice opinions and showcase life at your community!
Who: We are looking for staff and residents from your retirement community to write articles at least once every 2 weeks, and their writings may be featured in the magazine, included in the Comfort Life enewsletter (sent to 11,000 subscribers) and featured on your retirement residence’s online e-listing profile page.
1. Find staff and residents that are interested in writing for the Blog, at least twice each month
2. Email us their contact information and we will create a writer account for them
3. They send us their stories, we’ll edit them and post online with direct links to your retirement residence
Comfort Life Community: FAQ’s about retirement living
What: A community web portal for seniors that provides a space to ask and answer questions quickly and easily
Who: We are looking for experts to help guide families through the retirement planning and search process
1. Visit http://www.comfortlife.ca/retirement-community-questions.php
2. Select the category or questions you are interested in answering
3. Answer the question and it’s live online with links to your retirement residence
Comfort Life enewsletter: View October 2010 newsletter sample
What: Monthly e-newsletter delivering the most recent research and events to more than 11,000 subscribers actively researching seniors living options
Who: We are looking for staff and residents that are interested in writing for the enewsletter
1. Email us a brief paragraph of what you would like to write about
2. We will get in touch with you to give you more direction on the story
3. You submit the story and we will share it with 11,000 subscribers searching for retirement communities
- Personal stories from your residents about why they made the move to your retirement community
- Personal stories from adult children about the retirement residence search process: tips and advice
- Top tips when searching for a retirement community
Send all information, story ideas or press releases to:
Print & Online Editor
Comfort Life and Dialogue
Tel: 905-272-1843 Ext. 21